Once known as city Pataliputra the present-day Patna is been one of the most popular cities for the industrial as well as government jobs. Although with time the city has established some corporate organizations but even today most of the educated class prefers to work either in industries or move towards government jobs. If you are the one looking for jobs in Patna, then you must know that finding a job here isn’t a cake walk. With the rising level of competition in the job market most candidates have to find an extra edge to gain a better reputation in front of the recruiter.
So, for you to stand a better chance to get the jobs in Patna, here are a few things that you must know and follow to prepare beforehand.
What are the top Industries one must focus on to find jobs in Patna?
Patna is known for its two major industries i.e. Agriculture and FMCG. With time the city has developed various industrial units, factories and warehouses. With establishment of various FMCG companies the city has developed a great need for professionals to work in the area of procurement, sales, warehouse operations, finance, human resources, marketing and IT. This demand for manpower in Patna has led to a great financial benefit for natives, giving them employment as per their skills and education.
So, to make a career in the private industries of the agriculture sector one should work toward gaining relevant graduation degree which can help them to gain relevant skills to work in a particular domain.
How to Make a career in Government sector?
Patna is well known for government jobs. This city has a long history of making government officials in various domains. This is one of the highly demanded job sectors in Patna among the candidates due to numerous perks that come along. Being a government official at any position a professional will have a stable, well balanced and secured job. In addition to this government sector also provides various benefits such as house rent, health coverage, incentives etc. some of the major benefits of government jobs are as follows:
- It provides job security
- This sector provides LTC (Leave Travel Concessions) to the officials.
- Flexible and comfortable working hours.
- Government accommodation in some job roles.
- House rental allowance.
- Sponsored child education in some job roles.
In the contemporary scenario there are various opportunities in the government sector which one may explore across various domains. Most government jobs can be achieved after you pass a written test and an interview. So, one who wants to enter in this domain should start to take knowledge about examinations like SSC, UPSC, IBPS etc. which will help them in getting a suitable job role.
Which are the top Companies one may opt to work for in Patna?
- Euphoria security services private Limited.
- Bosh Automative electronics India Private limited
- BMW ventures Limited
- Bihar Chamber of Commerce and industries
- All India Institute of Medical sciences.
- National Institute of Technology
- HDFC Bank
- State Bank of India
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Times of India
- Medhaj techno Concepts Pvt Ltd.
- JK Industries
- Hindustan Media ventures Ltd.
How to Find a Job in Patna?
- Do complete research about companies.
- Create a professional industry-oriented Resume.
- Apply on various job portals.
- Connect with top placement agencies.
- Target the classified page in newspaper.
- Create a professional network on Linked In.
- Refine your Communications Skills.
- Prepare well for the interview.
- Work on your computer skills.
- Mention the right skills on the resume as per the job role.
All these steps can help you to find perfect jobs in Patna. So, if you find it difficult to find a job remember that Patna being a tier 2 city has greater opportunities in FMCG and Agriculture industries as compared to corporate sector so, you can choose your area of studies according to your field of choice and gain skills that are trending in the job market.
Nikhil Mishra is a marketing communications professional with Monster.com. Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and the employers who need great people. Nikhil has a diverse career and has been a former journalist, copywriter and an avid communications professional. His passion for the field of marketing and communications is a motivating force for his present career choice.