Protecting your personal data and privacy on the web is a central concern of our society today. Some have already turned to a VPN, while others don’t really know how to arm themselves in this ever-changing data business.
What is a VPN? What benefits can you derive from it? How to choose the right VPN for PC? In this article, we explain everything you need to know about a VPN, and we also share our tips for choosing the best software for your needs.
Reminder: What Is a VPN?
VPN is the abbreviation for “Virtual Private Network”. It is a secure connection between two networks or a user and a network. Consequently, you remain incognito on the web since your data will be encrypted thanks to a new IP address invisible on the web. This way, you browse the internet without anyone being able to identify you or trace you back to you.
Compatible with any device with an internet connection, VPN software can be installed on a computer as well as a smartphone or tablet.
What Is It for Concretely?
There are many, many cases of using VPN software. Here, we have summarized the main benefits that you can derive from it:
– anonymous browsing thanks to the encryption of your data: being connected to a public network is very risky since anyone with a minimum of computer skills can monitor your exchanges on the web. VPN software will thus create a secure tunnel for your data exchanges so that no one can read or intercept them. Concretely no one can know what you are doing on the internet!
– changing your IP address: a VPN retrieves the IP address of servers anywhere in the world, so this is very useful for bypassing geo-blocks, especially if you are working from abroad.
– risk-free downloading: you are aware that downloading non-royalty-free files is punishable by French law. Thanks to the VPN software, it is possible to enjoy an anonymous VPN download since the delivered IP address is not identifiable. Of course, we do not encourage you to carry out this illegal practice.
– protection against DDoS: a hacker can construct a DDoS attack against your internet connection by making its use painful or even impossible, the VPN then comes into play to guarantee the security of a professional or home network.
Why iTop VPN?
When the time comes to choose, you may be confused. There are so many choices and they all claim to be the best. We have done some research and came to the conclusion that iTop VPN is the best free VPN for Windows.
Of course, we have several reasons:
– iTop VPN is free
This VPN service has extensive server coverage around the world, especially in the United States. Some of the servers there are free so you don’t have to pay a penny.
– iTop VPN does not apply bandwidth limitation
This means that this VPN service will not lower the connection speed when you have exceeded certain access restrictions. You can surf as much as you want without worrying about your access speed decreasing.
– iTop VPN does not record your data
This VPN service does not record, browse and trade your data. That way you don’t have to worry about all your activities being distributed to third parties illegally.
– iTop VPN implements military-grade encryption
Thus, this VPN service applies encryption that is very difficult for anyone to penetrate, even famous hackers. You don’t have to worry about people smart enough to penetrate your network.
– iTop VPN provides support 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
Whenever you run into problems with iTop VPN, you’ll always get instant help. Although the problem is rare, it is possible. But, you don’t have to worry.
– iTop VPN provides Kill Switch feature
The Kill Switch feature ensures that you are always connected to the VPN, otherwise your connection will always be automatically disconnected. This step is done to minimize the risk of your network being tapped.
The Final Word
Take the best VPN service today to protect your online activities. Hide your IP address and stay safe everywhere.